PORTS - no longer updated

Lars Eighner luvbeastie at larseighner.com
Sat Jun 14 22:46:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Jos Chrispijn wrote:

> I use a port that no longer is supported thru the regular ports.
>
> p5-Text-ParseWords-3.1 Parse text into an array of tokens or array of arrays
>
> ** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
>       - textproc/p5-Text-ParseWords (port directory error)
>
> Have tried to remove it, but then I get the message that there are still
> other installed programs are using it.
>
> Would the only possibility be that I excluded it from being update by adding
> it to pkgtools.conf or is there another way to correct this?

The first step is find out what happened to it.  In this case MOVED tells us
this module has moved to core perl.  I believe upgrading perl and forcing
package delete will do it.  You may have to run pkgdb -F to delete the
dependencies.

You may want to make a note of the packages that depended on it.  I believe
they will still work after you upgrade perl, but you can rebuild them after
perl is upgraded if necessary.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html