Testing RAM

Ryan Coleman ryan.coleman at cwis.biz
Sat Jun 14 14:45:29 UTC 2008

As you've probably read in my previous posts I'm having issues, most
likely with the RAM.

How would I go about slamming the RAM in testing? I was figuring I'd
drop from 4GB to 1GB and just push the board with the same cp -rvn
commands I've been running in an attempt to populate my 7TB RAID5.

Also, am I using the wrong FS for the RAID? I partitioned it with gpt (1
large slice) and formatted it with newfs but is there another way? A
better way? I read about ZFS recently but I am sure the speed of reading
from a RAID5 is lost with it's redundancies.

TIA,
Ryan