Is FreeBSD suitable for my thinkpad T61 ?

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Fri Jun 13 18:32:52 UTC 2008

> the thing with windoze is that you don't have a choice - in fact, until
> recently you couldn't even have multiple desktops.

it's OK. users that REQUIRE lots of graphics etc.. don't usually make use
of it. so what's wrong with windoze. right software for the right people.

> with *nix and the creativity inspired by open source there are many,
> many opportunities.

in unix - as you say - you have a choice in every place. so that's good
that "desktop usage" isn't "improved" in FreeBSD as this improvement ==
lack of choice.

for those who don't like to "hack the system", just have everything just
put up and ready to use, there is already windows!