Nanobsd on a CD-ROM

J. Porter Clark jpc at porterclark.com
Thu Jun 12 15:36:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 04:40:25PM +0200, Pietro Cerutti wrote:

> J. Porter Clark wrote:
> | Is it possible to build a CD-ROM with a bootable NanoBSD on it?
> | If so, how?
>
> Yes, Section 2.2 of
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/nanobsd/index.html

Well, no, because I can't do this:

  # dd if=_.disk.full of=/dev/acd0 bs=64k

If I do this:

  % cdrecord -v -immed driveropts=burnfree dev=1,0,0 -data _.disk.full

then try to boot the machine from the CD-R, I get a "-" cursor
for a second or two, then it switches over to the hard disks to
boot from.

Okay, it's possible I messed up the compilation options or
something.  Is the cdrecord command above the correct procedure
to use to build a bootable nanobsd CD-R?

--
J. Porter Clark      <jpc at porterclark.com>