Installing FreeBSD

Telpiz Sorin margelatto at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 09:08:21 UTC 2008

 tried several times to install 7.0-RELEASE x amd64 on my friend's machine that is eqiupped with hard drive manufactured by Samsung. The hard drive (master) appears to have SATA interface, nonetheless SYSINSTALL regognizes it as ad04!
Besides, SYSINSTALL complains about the disk's geometry . The text console works very slowly, though the machine (ASUS motherboard) has 2 Gigs of RAM and a good GeForce video board. For comparison, my old IBM machine ( PentiumII , 128Mb RAM , 16Mb video memory ) runs Free BSD much more faster. Could you help us fix the trouble?
Best regards and much thanks.
sorin at margelatto at yahoo.com