Java Dilemma

Camilo Reyes camiloreyes82 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 03:01:07 UTC 2008

Unfortunately after updating my portsnap; it did not work. Here is the
error I get:

$ firefox
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: SendRequest: Read of ack failed: 0

System error?:: Unknown error: 0
$ firefox
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: SendRequest: Read of ack failed: 0

System error?:: Unknown error: 0

It's interesting to note that you don't have to download the tzupdater
tool from Java (which requires you to create an account with their site).
In order to avoid getting that file just edit the Makefile prior to
running make. This may be necesarry for java to work, but it gave me the
same error with and without that TZ package. Anyway, which firefox
version are your running? I'm using firefox 2.0.0.12.