FreeBSD-like linux distro?

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Wed Jun 11 15:38:27 UTC 2008

>> maintaning? while running netbsd 1.5, my routers don't need any
>> maintaining. they just works. what maintaining? just make your config so
>> logs won't fill the disk.
> security patches, port updates?  Any OS will probably require at least some
> of this.

for router - not much :) there are for sure some security flawed programs
on them, but what's a problem. every IP except some listed numbers are
just blocked, dns server is cache-only with queries disabled from outside
(and by netbsd's ipf to make sure), no outside-reachable services are
running.

that's about security :)

about patches - why to patch fully WORKING thing.