How to make flash plugin work in linux-firefox

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Tue Jun 10 19:35:13 UTC 2008

I have linux-firefox-2.0.0.14 installed.
I also downloaded install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz from Adobe site,
unpacked and placed libflashplayer.so into:
/usr/local/lib/linux-firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so

But firefox (/usr/local/bin/linux-firefox) doesn't pick it up and flash
sites don't work.

How to make Flash plugin work?

I recall on Linux it's enough to just drop libflashplayer.so into
plugins directory somewhere under lib and it works.

Yuri