question about posting to FreeBSD mailing lists

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Tue Jun 10 15:17:36 UTC 2008

On 10-Jun-08, at 12:10 AM, Novembre wrote:

> So to be more specific, how can I answer to a post from a mailing
> list from
> within my, e.g., GMail or Yahoo! mailboxes?

You might be able to use telnet to open a connection to Google's SMTP
servers, and paste the entire message, headers included, into the
transmission. You'd have to know how to manually use SMTP and hope
that Google accepts email from your machine. You could also look into
writing a script in (Perl or Python would be good) to allow you to do
it yourself, so you would have control over most of the headers.

--Andrew