Queuing and Prioritization with PF

Schiz0 schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 01:07:50 UTC 2008

Hey,

I have pf running as the firewall on a web and IRC box. I'd like to
setup a bit of prioritization. I want ssh to be a higher priority than
any other traffic. I've read up on Class Based Queuing and Priority
Queuing.  If I understand it correctly, priority queuing will transfer
ALL packets with higher priority before ANY of the lower-priority
packets. So if I'm transferring a file via SCP, all other traffic will
stop until the transfer is complete? I don't want other traffic to
stop completely, I just want ssh to have a higher priority. Should I
use class-based then?

Thanks for suggestions/help.