Duplex printer advice

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Jun 5 01:22:34 UTC 2008

Nonsense.  Adobe doesen't have any control over the matter.

Others have already detailed the difference in speed between
the HP PCL and PostScript implementations on HP Printers.  I
listed all of the ways that HP tries to discourage customers
from buying PostScript, and encourage them to go with PCL.
Most of these, such as marketing and pricing, and the amount of
ram included with the base model PostScript add-on, Adobe has
absolutely no control over.

Adobe doesen't support their PostScript implementation in an
HP Printer, HP does.  And the PPDs supplied by HP are different
than the ones Adobe supplies from their own website.  You also
forget that Microsoft went with true type rather than Adobe Type
Manager, and many people have complained about the poorly
implemented PostScript drivers that come standard with Windows.
So not just HP but Microsoft also "cooperates/competes" with Adobe.
There's more ways to tank an implementation that just failing
to properly implement ie.  There's many ways that tech companies
have tried over the years (and succeeded at times) to sabotage
their competitors.  You have a very naieve view of the tech
industry.

> All genuine Postscript printers ship with similar CPUs,
> originally Motorola 68000 family, for this very reason.

And the fact this makes it a lot easier to port has nothing
to do with it......NOT!

Ted