freeBSD7 in a vm (vmware fusion) - Shared object "lib.so.6" not found

kevin kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Wed Jun 4 16:18:18 UTC 2008

Hi All;

  This seems to be more of a lib not found than a vm issue:

I've done this:

1) installed freeBSD 7 in vmware fusion (v 1.1.3)

2) selected to install vmware tools from the menu

3) logged into the console as root

4) mounted the vmware virtual cd

5) copied the vmware tools tar.gz file to /tmp

6) expanded the vmware tools tar.gz file in /tmp

7) cd to the new vmware-toold-distrib dir and ran ./vmware-install.pl

  Then I get this:

Before running VMware Tools for the first time you need to configure
it by invoking the following command: "/usr/local/bin/vmware-config-
tools.pl". Do you want this program to invoke the command for you now?
[yes]

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "lib.so.6" not found, required
by "vmware-checkvm"

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "lib.so.6" not found, required
by "vmware-checkvm"

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "lib.so.6" not found, required
by "vmware-checkvm"

This configuration program is to be executed in a virtual machine.

Execution aborted.

I also tried starting KDE and in a Konsole terminal window (as root)
running /usr/local/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl  and I get the same
results

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...