how to check if spf record is set

Zbigniew Szalbot z.szalbot at lc-words.com
Tue Jun 3 16:49:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

Fraser Tweedale:

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 04:34:47PM -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> --On Tuesday, June 03, 2008 01:09:57 +0400 Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > SPF uses TXT record, so a simple `host -t txt yourdomain.com` should do the
>> > trick.
>> >

>> > HTH,
>> > Yuri
>> >

>> Or "#dig -t TXT domain.tld" will do the same thing.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Schmehl
>> As if it wasn't already obvious,
>> my opinions are my own and not
>> those of my employer.
>>

> You don't even need the -t flag.  `dig TXT host` will do the trick... and let's not forget about the newer, dedicated SPF record type; to query that, use `dig SPF host`.

Big thank you to everyone who has responded!

At least now I know that the domain's SPF record is not set correctly,
contrary to what the admin told me.

$ dig TXT slowo.pl
;; ANSWER SECTION:
slowo.pl.               16802   IN      TXT     "Slowo Dnia"

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com