Looking for gurus willing to help write Freebsd tutorials

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Mon Jun 2 21:17:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 06:57:00PM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> On Monday 02 June 2008 15:58:55 bridd at bridd.com wrote:
>
> > I agree completely, it's what got me over to BSD !
> >

> I am a little confused.  I just see a sphere with "horns" on it that reminds
> me of the BSD daemon's head, only made to look less "demonic".  Is it
> supposed to be something else?
>
> If it is one of those "toys" is that what FreeBSD folks really want to project
> as an image?

It's supposed to be an abstracted, fancy impression of Beastie's head, as
far as I'm aware.  It has simply been observed (with some humor) that it
looks like some odd kind of sex toy -- and a lot of people have since
then referred to it as "the sex toy" as a result.  That's all.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Albert Camus: "An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself."