resume (hate to even ask)

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Wed Jul 30 22:17:24 UTC 2008

Ok,

I have too many systems with varying degrees of working freebsd on
them, and I can't seem to leave well enough alone.  I hear lots of
people having sucess with suspend, and I can't get it to work on a
single system.

My current strongest desire is to get it running on my hp ze4500
laptop.  I've played with the stuff in the handbook, but that just
took me from having a blank screen and no responses from Ctl-Alt-F(x)
to now the fan comes on for a moment on resume, then the system powers
off....doesn't seem to matter if X is up or not.

I've kldunloaded usb, radeon, sound, drm, what else should I try?
Also, rc.resume has a typo, right?  I'm susposed to change the
#kldunload usb section to add kldload usb (and friends) right?

Steve