Building a FreeBSD based mail server

Patrick Baldwin Patrick.Baldwin at studsvik.com
Wed Jul 30 20:12:22 UTC 2008

I posted a few weeks ago about being interested in building a FreeBSD based
mail server, and got a lot of good input.   In my research since then, I
found
this:

http://www.purplehat.org/?page_id=4

Which seems to me to be a pretty good guide to building a FreeBSD based
Postifx/SpamAssassin
mailserver.  However, never having done this before myself, I was
wondering if anyone here
had any useful comments about this guide, particularly if you think it's
missing any key points
that will leave me cursing at my monitor late one night.

I'm currently planning on using FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE, although I'm
certainly open to
sugegstions if people think a different version would serve better.

--
Patrick Baldwin
Systems Administrator