7.0-stable snapshot

John Wilson jmw-ny at panix.com
Wed Jul 30 19:41:31 UTC 2008

Good day.

I recently attempted to install the most recent AMD64 7.0-snapshot onto
another system.  I chose a minimal install with all of the source
distributions as well as ports.  Unfortunately, the install fails when
attempting to install the scompat tarball.  Upon looking at the install CD,
it appears that the scompat tarball is not listed in the src directory.

src/scompat does seem to appear on a 7.0-release CD.  I've attempted to
reburn the snapshot with the same results.  Naturally, if I omit scompat
from the src install options, the install proceeds normally and without
error.

I'm just curious as to where the problem actually resides.  Are the
7.0-snapshots leaving out scompat for some reason?  Since I've attempted to
download and burn multiple snaps with the same issue, I can't see that I've
a corrupt ISO.

Thank you for your time.