Imposible to update/upgrade ports....

Agus agus.262 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:53:21 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I'v been delaying the installed ports upgrade cause i was testing my server
and now that it it in production i wanted to upgrade them and find it
impossible...

I am running
 uname -a
FreeBSD everest.himalaya.network 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Mon May
21 19:48:05 ART 2007

I did a cvsup to update all ports which did it successfully...then installed
portmanager and portsaudit....

did a pkg_version -v and find the outdated ports, like sec, mysql and
more....

Now while trying to update with

portmanager sysutils/rsync -l -ui -f
#Then also tried without the f

get this errors:
---------------------------------

portmanager 0.4.1_9

 perl-5.8.8_1                        /lang/perl5.8
    make Strike 2

it gets like its looping while updating perl....
For what i saw, portmanager seems to try to update all dependencies too..and
is failing in that....

Something similar happened while trying to update apache22

Its my first try updating/upgrading ports...and it was hard to find a doc
explaining this....i mean..there are lots of docs but each with different
methods...

Well, hope you can give me a jhand..

Thanks and Cheers,
Agus