local mirrors of ports and packages?

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Wed Jul 30 07:09:06 UTC 2008

On 30 Jul 2008 , freebsd-questions-request at freebsd.org entreated
about
 "freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 226, Issue 6":

> Message: 26
> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:24:49 +0200
> From: Coert Waagmeester <coertw2 at gawab.com>
> Subject: local mirrors of ports and packages?
> To: FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
>
> Hi all!
>
> I am quite new to FreeBSD. I am quite a boffin on Linux though.
>
> What I would like to know is, how can I make local mirrors of ports and
> packages? I live in South-Africa, and bandwidth is painfully slow and
> expensive.
>
> How many data would it be in total?

Hi Coert
LOTS of data (-:
But, there is a SA mirror or two, so you don't have to do it yourself
http://freebsd.mirror.ac.za/
ftp://freebsd.mirror.ac.za
ftp://ftp.za.freebsd.org/

> Thanks in advance,
> Coert
>
> FreeBSD newbie

I've been running several servers on FreeBSD since 2004 and sometimes
I still feel like a newby.   I run Fedora at home.

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research