7.0-make.conf

Reko Turja reko.turja at liukuma.net
Sun Jul 27 13:02:59 UTC 2008

> WITHOUT_SENDMAIL=true
>
> I am not sure of the need for the 'true' or not. it seems it is not
> required but should work either way?

>From the manpage:

     The values of variables are ignored regardless of their setting;
even if
     they would be set to ``FALSE'' or ``NO''.  Just the existence of
an
     option will cause it to be honoured by make(1).

so the plain option is enough. If the machines are in environment
where they might be someday administered by someone else, I'd use pure
option to avoid confusing someone who hasn't read the manpage and
thinks setting variables to false will void them.

-Reko