new vanilla system fails to install many packages/ports

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Thu Jul 24 23:56:22 UTC 2008

Steve Franks wrote:
> I must be missing something obvious.  About 25% of my dependencies
> fail to install with errors like:
>
> "install-info: /usr/local/info/dir: empty file"
> "pkg-add: command 'install-info --quiet /blah.info' failed"
>
> system is 7.0/i386
>
> Steve

"info" is GNU-related.  Any reason that GNU-stuff, esp.
"info", wouldn't have been installed/built thus far?
(I dunno, but, maybe a csup with the GNU stuff rejected
or commented out ...)

And anything these ports have in common (assuming they're
all GNU for starters).  They aren't Linuxolator stuff?

Always ready to help grasp straws,
Kevin Kinsey
--
Zero Defects, n.:
	The result of shutting down a production line.