"sleeping without queue" ?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 24 12:55:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

> Kris Kennaway ???????(??):
>> Mikhail Teterin wrote:
>>> Kris Kennaway ???????(??):
>>> Can I obtain that remotely and without restarting/panicking the box?
>>> Thanks,
>> kgdb on /dev/mem or procstat
>   root at aldan:~ (107) kgdb /boot/kernel/kernel /dev/mem
>   [...]
>   (kgdb) bt
>   #0  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
>   Error accessing memory address 0x0: Bad address.
>
> Even less luck with procstat:
>
>   root at aldan:~ (108) locate procstat
>   root at aldan:~ (109) procstat
>   procstat: ???????? ???????.
>   root at aldan:~ (110) man procstat
>   No manual entry for procstat
>
> I'm sorry, but you'll need to be more specific. What should I type? Thanks,

Assuming you're using 7.0 or an older 7-STABLE: procstat(1) appeared after 7.0
was released, but should be there if you slide forward on 7-STABLE.  You can
use "procstat -k pid" to see kernel stack traces for kernel threads working on
behalf of the process.  Depending on the level of detail you require, you can
use -kk to also list function offsets inside the kernel, but the results are a
bit harder to read.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge