connecting to a secured Windows 2003 terminal server

FreeBSD freebsd at vfemail.net
Tue Jul 22 23:39:44 UTC 2008

Dear folks

my sincere apologies if this has been discussed earlier, which I
seriously doubt, since even after googling for nearly five days I
couldn't find any solution.

Recently my company has updated their server to Windows 2003. The
earlier 2000 server didn't have SSL enabled, so rdp/rdesktop worked for
me without any problem. But now, as I try to connect to the server, it
simply gives me
ERROR: recv: Connection reset by peer

I know for a fact that the server is working fine, since all IE and
remote desktop softwares are working (they have to install the
certificate at the beginning, once). But how can I connect from my
freebsd box?

any pointers/links sujjestions are highly welcome.

Thanks.