What price at the license of FreeBSD 7?

Bob Johnson fbsdlists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 17:28:12 UTC 2008

On 7/21/08, Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:

> That wouldn't solve the problem of the US dollar being a fiat currency.
> Basically, under a fiat currency, trying to financially plan for the
> future is a matter of gambling the economy won't blow up in your face in
> the interim -- which is anything but a sure bet.

All currency is fiat currency, unless you print it on toilet paper.
Then it will have intrinsic value. Printing it on fish would work,
too, but that would stink up your wallet. Gold is durable, but has no
real intrinsic value. So print your money on toilet paper or food,
then it will always have value.

"I'll sell you a copy of FreeBSD for a beer, plus shipping."  See how
well that works? Don't even have to do currency conversions.

- Bob