Darko Gavrilovic darko at drgnetworks.com
Fri Jul 18 17:34:18 UTC 2008

> Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:52:45 -0300
> From:      luizbcampos <luizbcampos at gmail.com>
> To:        questions at freebsd.org
> Subject:   resizing partiton on FBSD-7.0 amd64
>       I used all my disk with FBSD and now I need to lower the
>partition with no data loss. Does anyone know how to do it?
----

I wonder if one could:
- add a 2nd disk and format and make fs and mount
- tar up the entire contents of / (everything except / assuming that /
is separate slice) to second disk.
- blow away 1st disk. re-partition it as desired.
- re-install freebsd and then untar what was originally tarred from
second disk onto 1st disk. assuming that / is on separate slice.

--
with kind regards,
dg