why is this script failing?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Jul 17 19:09:01 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 06:35:21PM +0100, RW wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:03:32 -0700
> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 08:42:13PM -0500, David Kelly wrote:
>
> > > You might consider adding something like
> > >
> > > setenv  TMPDIR  /home/dkelly/tmp
> > > setenv  TMP     /home/dkelly/tmp
>
> There are also KDEVARTMP and KDETMP which are specific to kde
>

> > 	what i  should probably do is make extract ktts or amarok and
> > 	look for /tmp/kde-[usr]/* and se WHY these wav files are ever
> > 	kept.  for kttsd, yeah, it makes going back several lines
> > 	easier.  that may explain why i have found
> > "{garbage}wav{garbage}" where {garbage} is several alpha-numbering.
> > no dots, no hyphens.  or files ending in *wav.part"
> >
> > 	this may be a historical leftover from when memory was very
> > 	pricey and disk-space much cheaper.  [[ guessing ]]
> >

> KAudioCreator and konqueror create intermediate wav[.part] files when
> they are extracting MP3s etc from CDs.

	i didn't know that konq could read CD's.  it mmust have been KAudioCreator
	that i used to extract a few tracks onto my drive.  somehow, it assumed
	that i wanted the whole CD and i must have messed up while trying to quit.
	there's a player and extractor on the gnome side, Sound Juicer.  for
	some reason it can't find /dev/cd0.    [?]

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix