Using OpenBSD's isakmpd in FreeBSD

Ralf Hornik Mailings ralf at best.homeunix.org
Thu Jul 17 15:27:57 UTC 2008

Appendix:

The corresponding suite is:

[AES-SHA-GRP5-RSA_SIG]
ENCRYPTION_ALGORITHM=   AES_CBC
KEY_LENGTH=             256,128:256
HASH_ALGORITHM=         SHA
AUTHENTICATION_METHOD=  RSA_SIG
GROUP_DESCRIPTION=      MODP_1536

Might it be, that this aes cipher is missing in kernel?
A man (4) crypto shows:

----------------
Depending on hardware being present, the following symmetric and asymmet-
      ric cryptographic features are potentially available from /dev/crypto:

     CRYPTO_AES_CBC
----------------

For IPSec I added

option IPSEC
device crypto
device cryptodev
device hifn (for hifn card)

to the kernelfile.

Do I miss something else, or what else can I do?
Regards

Ralf

"Ralf Hornik Mailings" <ralf at best.homeunix.org> schreibte:

> Dear List,
>
> I want to switch my routers from openbsd to freebsd and use the port
> of isakmpd for my
> vpn tunnels.  But when I want to use my config from openbsd, isakmpd
> doesn't seem to
> configure aes in phase I proposal.
>
> The corresponding configentry is:
>
> [Default-main-mode]
> DOI=                    IPSEC
> EXCHANGE_TYPE=          ID_PROT
> Transforms=             AES-SHA-GRP5-RSA_SIG
>
> starting isakmpd shows up:
>
> ike_phase_1_initiator_send_SA: section [AES-SHA-GRP5-RSA_SIG] has
> unsupported attribute(s)
>
> When I use 3des insteed, isakmpd starts without errors.  But I MUST
> use aes in phase I
> because all remote peers use it, I cannot change them all.  Has
> anybody an idea, why
> isakmpd won't use aes in phase I but in phase II?
> Thank you and best Regards
>
> Ralf
>
> --
> alles bleibt anders...