Wireless client won't associate to router with SSID not broadcast

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Jul 17 13:48:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 06:28:42 -0400, Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD at insightbb.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 July 2008 09:13:00 pm Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> Note: The man page for wpa_supplicant.conf incorrectly states ap_scan
> values other than 1 are for other operating systems.  Read
> /usr/share/examples/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf regarding
> ap_scan.

Excellent, thanks for posting the details.  I've filed a PR with the
text shown below, and I'll take care of updating the manpage.

: To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
: From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org>
: Subject: minor wpa_supplicant.conf buglet
: Cc:
:
: The man page for wpa_supplicant.conf incorrectly states ap_scan values
: other than 1 are for other operating systems.  When ndiswrapper is used,
: it may be useful to set ap_scan=2.
:
: >How-To-Repeat:
: >Fix: