Problem with enabling DRI on ATI Mobility Radeon X1350

gelraen gelraen.ua at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:38:37 UTC 2008

> Check if the pci ID for this card is in the file
> /usr/src/sys/dev/drm/drm_pciids.h. If not you could try and add it.
>
> I don't have a clue what happens if you do. It might crash your
> machine.
>
> Roland
> --
> R.F.Smith                                   http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/
> [plain text _non-HTML_ PGP/GnuPG encrypted/signed email much appreciated]
> pgp: 1A2B 477F 9970 BA3C 2914  B7CE 1277 EFB0 C321 A725 (KeyID: C321A725)

/usr/src/sys/dev/drm/radeon_drv.h:

enum radeon_family {
        CHIP_R100,
        CHIP_RV100,
        CHIP_RS100,
        CHIP_RV200,
        CHIP_RS200,
        CHIP_R200,
        CHIP_RV250,
        CHIP_RS300,
        CHIP_RV280,
        CHIP_R300,
        CHIP_R350,
        CHIP_RV350,
        CHIP_RV380,
        CHIP_R420,
        CHIP_RV410,
        CHIP_RS400,
        CHIP_LAST,
};

And X.org reports something about chip R500....
So, i can only wait until it will be supported?
I afraid that specifying incorrect chip may not only crash system,
but even cause hardware problems...

gelraen