aliases error

sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Wed Jul 16 12:13:11 UTC 2008

My server showed this message about 3 times.  I don't know if it is a
problem or not, but was just wondering if anyone else knew what it was.  I
came into work this morning to see it up on the screen.  I can just hit a
key and keep working, but wanted to make sure there is not a problem.  I
did run 'newaliases' just to see if that will fix anything.

Here is the error that it gives:

SYSERR(root): Cannot open hash database /etc/mail/aliases.db:
Inappropriate file type or format

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?