panic

Michael Grant mgrant at grant.org
Tue Jul 15 20:31:32 UTC 2008

I have been having panics on one of my machines, roughly every week or
so.  I was running 6.3 pre-release and then I updated to 6.3 p2 and I
still have the panic, here's the message that appears on the console:

panic: kmem_kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

cpuid = 2; apic id = 06
fault virtual address   = 0x2c
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xc06c5a5a
stack pointer           = 0x28:0xe6ea49ec
frame pointer           = 0x28:0xe6ea4a00
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 14 (swi1: net)
trap number             = 12

Is this possibly a hardware problem?

Michael Grant