aterm whacked?

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 03:25:46 UTC 2008

I just mem-wiped my laptop and am in the process of installing everything after.

I have several issues (linux-firefox with linux-flash plugin crashes on sites with flash), not the least of which is aterm doesn't seem to behave very well.

When I run aterm I get:

$ aterm
aterm has encountered the following problem interacting with X Windows :
      Request: 64,    Error: 8(BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes))
      in resource: 0x140000D
aterm has encountered the following problem interacting with X Windows :
      Request: 64,    Error: 8(BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes))
      in resource: 0x140000D
aterm has encountered the following problem interacting with X Windows :
      Request: 64,    Error: 8(BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes))
      in resource: 0x140000D

.... etc.

Transparency doesn't work right either - which I see is the greatest attraction to aterm.

Any ideas?

======
If not us, who? And if not now, when?
Ronald Reagan