Install failure for 7.0-RELEASE (Need help!)

David Gurvich david.gurvich at verizon.net
Sat Jul 12 12:14:20 UTC 2008

I have an A7N266 that had issues with the nvidia driver loading before
the loader prompt and causing a reboot.  The same board also had issues
with wired ethernet working reliably.

 I installed solaris 10 and then opensolaris 2008.05.  Both worked well.
I installed opensolaris as I wanted newer versions of some software.
The hardware is well supported, only gnome is available, flash9 works
well, and updating the system and packages is annoying.