Printer Installation

herbert langhans herbert.raimund at gmx.net
Fri Jul 11 21:25:39 UTC 2008

Ah, BSD you use..

its likely that /usr/bin/lp what you invoke is the wrong one (there is the path set to it). If you have installed the cups-port, there will be another lp -- /usr/local/bin/lp -- the one cups uses (compare the filesize).

Rename /usr/bin/lp to /usr/bin/lp.backup so it will not use this one and then try again, invoking lp should take /usr/local/bin/lp then.

Cheers
herbs