Linux for freebsd admins

David Alanis canito at dalan.us
Fri Jul 11 15:47:46 UTC 2008

Quoting Outback Dingo <outbackdingo at gmail.com>:

> Simple question whats the application, and what does it state for
> requirements, by the way anything RPM based or Gentoo completely suck and
> are royal pains in the ASS

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Redhat sucks, you have to pay them monies, it's dependancy hell, AND
you have to do things their way - otherwise your system will be shizz.
Yeah, what are your goals for this system?

On the other hand, Gentoo is very clean and the next best thing to
FreeBSD. If you look up their history, Gentoo is a Linux deritive of
freeBSD it has many things in common if you ask me (thanks to Gentoo I
am now on freeBSD).

> so... i wonder why this app wouldnt run on Ubuntu Server or Debian for that
> matter, whats the application, because Debian is by far the easiest and most
> sensible from a mmanageability aspect

Why do you want to dumb down? I don't want to talk down any Linux
system (EXCEPT RED HAT) but Gentoo is more stable, and the footprint
is quite small, more manageable, and they don't put out release after
release. Gentoo is more of a server system but makes a great desktop
as well.