IPv6 Auto Discovery

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Fri Jul 11 06:30:02 UTC 2008

Mac OS-X does a form of auto discovery on IPv6 where the machines on a
local network add the machine name to the ndp table when they see
activity from that machine.  So far I only have a rudimentary IPv6
configuration on FreeBSD 7 running and it only sees the IP address,
and then only after I ping the other end.  I couldn't find anything
in /etc/defaults that seems to address auto discovery.  Is this
something I have missed or what?  Thanks.