Recovering root password from a drive by mounting the cdrom

Mukarram Syed muksyed at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 17:35:06 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am totally new to freebsd and as a Unix admin (not a freebsd unix admin though), I have to recover a lost root password from a freebsd drive.
I need your help!
I have booted up from a freebsd install cd 1.  I have connected my freebsd drive in the system.  Now I don't know how to mount the drive to edit the /etc/shadow file.
I am at the fixit prompt on the cd.
Can anyone help.  I have tried googling this for the past hour with no luck.
Is there anyother way to do this?  I can't login using single user mode though.

thanks much

# mukarram

 Mukarram Syed
muksyed at yahoo.com