Amanda port update

David Robillard david.robillard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 15:28:34 UTC 2008

> I need to install the current version of Amanda (misc/amanda-client and
> misc/amanda-server) and would like to install from the ports collection.
> However the port maintainer has not updated Amanda in quite some time. Can
> someone give me some advice on how to roll my own ports install from the
> source tarball?  Thanks.

Did you try to contact the port maintainer? You probably want to check
with him/her before you update the port no?

In any case, it's a good idea to update the port because we're going
to need it here too!

Good luck,

David
--
David Robillard
UNIX systems administrator & Oracle DBA

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know",
then please pretend you don't know me.