FreeBSD and Bacula

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Jul 3 17:47:18 UTC 2008

Ivaylo Bonev ha scritto:
>  I was astonished by the
> fact that Bacula cannot start from provided scripts in
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ directory. No messages in log, no error messages in
> console, ps aux| grep 'bacula' say nothing, nothing! I put
> bacula_dir_enable="YES"
> bacula_fd_enable="YES"
> bacula_sd_enable="YES"

This is quite tipical behaviour for ports.

> and after restart on console shows this error:
> 03-Jul 17:09 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:483
> Config error: Could not find config Resource bacula-fd referenced on
> line 30 :
>  Client = bacula-fd
>

>             : line 30, col 20 of file /usr/local/etc/bacula-dir.conf
>   Client = bacula-fd
>
> All Bacula .conf files are attached. Is there a bug, or misconfigured
> .conf files?

It's a problem in your configuration: you have some jobs that refers to
a bacula-fd client resource, but your only client resource is named
laptop-fd.
You'll want to change either one or the others of those definitions.

BTW, given this is not a FreeBSD or FreeBSD specific problem, this
question belongs more to Bacula's own mailing list (even if I rarely
ever found any help there).

  bye
	av.