FreeBSD and Bacula

Ivaylo Bonev ibb_orac at mbox.contact.bg
Thu Jul 3 17:00:16 UTC 2008

I want to use FreeBSD 7.0 for Backup server. After little searching, my
decision was to use Bacula (because of Windows client). After installation
of latest version (Bacula 2.4.0) and active googling, reading very
carefuly Onlamp article of Bacula server on FreeBSD
(http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/09/bacula.html) and
configuring File, Storage and Director files, I was astonished by the fact
that Bacula cannot start from provided scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
directory. No messages in log, no error messages in console, ps aux| grep
'bacula' say nothing, nothing! I put
bacula_dir_enable="YES"
bacula_fd_enable="YES"
bacula_sd_enable="YES"
and after restart on console shows this error:
03-Jul 17:09 bacula-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at parse_conf.c:483
Config error: Could not find config Resource bacula-fd referenced on line
30 :
  Client = bacula-fd

             : line 30, col 20 of file /usr/local/etc/bacula-dir.conf
   Client = bacula-fd

All Bacula .conf files are attached. Is there a bug, or misconfigured
.conf files?