Execute the command when login

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Jul 3 00:31:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 03:47:30PM -0700, prad wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:00:13 +0200
> Matthias Apitz <matthias.apitz at oclc.org> wrote:
>
> > You could launch it from ~/.xinitrc for example as:
> >
> > xmodmap.sh
> > exec startkde
> >
> i tried to do that with ion and it didn't work which came as a surprise.
> however, i will try it again and maybe with a different wm.

	i think that xmodmap requires that you have X running for it towork.
	same with % xset r off that i need to prevent key bounces.  In your
	shell initializatin file (~.login, ~/.zlogin ... ) is where the
	the xmodmap line belongs.

	a question for the list:: What is the global test to be sure that
	X *is* running??

	gary

  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix