Configuring an older server for speed...

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Tue Jul 1 03:35:10 UTC 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:17:05 -0400
David Gurvich <david.gurvich at verizon.net> wrote:

> Many of these features have undiscovered bugs that you might
> prefer not discovering on your own server.

oh oh.
but what if we are just running a plain webserver (mainly static html)
and email. we are sticking to ufs of course.
it is an older machine - dual 1.3G with 2G ram and a raid card.

we've run 7 since the beginning of june on 2 desktops (700Hz with 192M
and 128M ram) doing the above serving without any problems and are just
about to set up this server to replace the other 2.

should we use 7 or think about going with 6.3?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's