broadcom wireless card on FB7 using ndisgen, no ndis0 after kldload

Vince Hoffman jhary at unsane.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 08:01:00 PST 2008

Kemian Dang wrote:
> Vince Hoffman 写道:
>> Kemian Dang wrote:
>>
>>> Glen Barber 写道:

>>> Yes, mine is bcmwl5a_sys.ko and I have tried to put it in the
>>> loader.conf. Actually, it is in the loader.conf now. I list it below:
>>>
>>> %ls /boot/modules/bcmwl*
>>> /boot/modules/bcmwl5a_sys.ko
>>> %more /boot/loader.conf
>>> nvidia_load="yes"
>>> bcmwl5a_sys_load="yes"
>>>
>>> Does "yes" differ from "YES"?
>>>

>> I think YES and yes are interchangeable although YES tends to be used.
>>
>> whats the output of kldstat?
>> if it doesnt contain ndis.ko what happens if you
>> kldload ndis
>>
>> Vince
>>

> Below is the output of kldstat:
> %kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
> 1   21 0xc0400000 5c0690   kernel
> 2    1 0xc09c1000 69415c   nvidia.ko
> 3    2 0xc1056000 28518    linux.ko
> 4    1 0xc107f000 5f7a4    bcmwl5a_sys.ko
> 5    3 0xc10df000 1aa10    ndis.ko
> 6    2 0xc10fa000 e750     if_ndis.ko
> 7    1 0xc1109000 6a1c4    acpi.ko
> 8    1 0xc520e000 2000     ntfs_iconv.ko
> 9    1 0xc5210000 4000     libiconv.ko
> 10    1 0xc5235000 b000     ntfs.ko
>
> It has the bcmwl5a_sys.ko, ndis.ko and if_ndis.ko.

Damm cant think of anything then, (I did exactly what you are trying
last night, and my full steps we just to download the drivers (was a
broadcom rebadged as belkin) point ndsigen at the appropriate files
(typically the inf wasnt a .inf but a .ntf for some reason) then kldload
ndis followed by kldload the created .ko (after moving it to /boot/modules)

Sorry I cant help more.

Vince