OT: Downloading file by sending email

Rakhesh Sasidharan rakhesh at rakhesh.com
Wed Jan 30 02:24:45 PST 2008

Wojciech Puchar wrote:

>> I want to setup a service such that sending a mail to say
>> "someaddress at mydomain" with a list of links per line results in my machine
>> downloading the files at these links replying with all these files
>> attached.
>>
>> Is there any port which provides a functionality like this? Or is it
>> possible to put together such a setup in place? I tried a Google search but
>> didn't
>
> very easy using just bash curl metamail etc...
>
> but first think about protecting it from abuse like

Thanks Wojciech.

Actually, I am setting this up just for my use. (Place I work doesn't
allow downloads, and sometimes I need to download a thing or two, so
thought let me set something like this up for my own use). But your points
make sense. I'll try and make sure the service isn't abuse-able.

Thanks again for the pointers!

Regards,
Rakhesh