Latest Stable FreeBSD version and its Dell 2950 Compatiblity
Brian A. Seklecki
lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Tue Jan 22 20:59:52 PST 2008
On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 10:11 +0530, navneet Upadhyay wrote:
> I need to know which is the latest stable FreeBSD release(6.2 ?) and
> does it goes well with Dell 2950 ?
Did you check the list archives?
- Make sure you get revision 2 of the unit
- bce(4) onboard is not recommended, easily reproduced crashes with high
load a la Broadcom -- get add-on em(4) cards
- DRAC5 works fine, except it runs Linux and requires ActiveX
- PERC4 works with mfi(4), just remember:
- Install linux32 compat to utilize megacli + mfi(4) patches
- Disable 'Patrol Reads' in the BIOS
- The jury is still out on PERC5. Sounds like Dell blowing smoke.
- IPMI works well.
> freebsd-questions at freebsd.org mailing list
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe at freebsd.org"
More information about the freebsd-questions