x11 missing modules on 7.0rc1 ?

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Tue Jan 22 14:56:08 PST 2008

Maybe I missed something critical, but I just decided to give 7.0rc1 a
shot, did a standard x-user install on a fresh system (older 1.3GHz
laptop), went smoothly, but startx reports "(EE) Failed to load module
"mouse" (modules does not exist, 0)", (and kbd, and radeon) which
seems a tad strange.  If it's really not an issue where I forgot to
RTFM somewhere, I thought I'd post it so it can be looked at.  I'm now
in the process of reinstalling xorg from the metaport...don't see any
earlier posts on this topic, so I must be an idiot here somewhere...

Steve