AFS ... or equivalent ...

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Mon Jan 14 07:54:46 PST 2008

For those of you who haven't seen this.  Here is my rudimentary port.
It is nothing more than the FreeBSD parts wrapped around the OpenAFS
source.  I think I was working on version 5 of FreeBSD but I don't
recall for sure.  This was version OpenAFS 1.4.2.  It compiled. The
kernel module loaded. I was able to get tokens using the system heimdal.
I even got a directory listing via the client. Attempting to manipulate
files resulted in an immediate panic.

http://www.stradamotorsports.com/~jcw/openafs/

I would advise those who are interested to discuss and choose a mailing
list for continuing the effort.  We are currently writing four different
lists in this thread.

I'll test whatever you guys come up with.  I'll be running FreeBSD-6.3
real soon now.

Later,
Jason