Updating 7.0-BETA2 to RC1...

peter.piggybox at virgin.net peter.piggybox at virgin.net
Mon Jan 7 23:25:23 PST 2008

I'm shortly going to update my laptop from 7.0-BETA2 (a fresh install) to 7.0-RC1. I'll do this with a buildworld/installworld cycle. However, reading the site for freebsd-update I noticed that if I were to do a binary upgrade then it recommends rebuilding all ports as well.

Is rebuilding all ports something I should consider if I'm doing a source-based upgrade too? Even though I'm not crossing a major version boundary?

Thanks for any help, and please forgive any formatting oddness as I'm sending this from Versamail on my Palm, which is a bit restricted functionality-wise.

Peter Harrison.