HOW-TO get Flash7 working!

Rudy crapsh at monkeybrains.net
Sat Jan 5 18:32:58 PST 2008

> By the way, I had some problems installing flash7 from ports a few days
> ago.
> It didn't like the size of the file and would fail even if you
> downloaded from Adobe and copied to ports/disfiles. I later did a
> 'portsnap fetch update'  that  must have gotten updated makefiles and
> fixed that problems. Anybody else with that issue should try updating
> the ports collection.

Super you got it running.  PS, I had to do that as well...

  rm /usr/ports/distfiles/flashplugin/fp7_archive.zip

 From full original instructions:
  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2008-January/165920.html

Updating your ports (with portsnap or the cvsup) when trying to fix problems is always a good idea.
  Sometimes when everything seems busted the portupgrade tool can be helpful in rebuilding all your
ports.  Set it running before you go to bed, and ta-da, in the morning everything is working -- or
completely broken  :)

Rudy