7.0-PRERELEASE installworld fails

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat Jan 5 07:42:16 PST 2008

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 06:55:10 -0800 (PST) Unga wrote:

> > Did you by any chance change time while source
> > updating or
> > world building?
> >
> This is highly probable. I can remember after the year
> change my system time was strangely wrong. I corrected
> it, but cannot remember was it during while source
> updating or world building.

OK, than that is the culprit. Than as a first option you may try to
remove only /usr/obj:

> > This may be an overkill but should do the job:
> > # rm -r /usr/src /usr/obj
> > <restore sources>
> > # cd /usr/src
> > # make buildworld
> > # make kernel
> > # mergemaster -p
> > # make installworld
> > # mergemaster -i

> Sure, I'll delete /usr/src, /usr/obj and download
> again the sources and give it a retry.

BTW, if you are limited by traffic amount/speed you may install
sources from a CD (if you have any) and then do a c(v)sup.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve